Leisure Athletic Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
1. Important information and who we are
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Leisure Athletic Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Unit 2 Cotton Farm, Middlewich Road, Holmes Chapel, CW4 7ET
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data, which we have obtained by you corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, Linkedin, social media (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) or otherwise. The personal information about you, which we may collect, we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have, or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our equipment and to deliver it). In this case, we may have to cancel an order you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- buy our products;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- We collect data using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as device information, IP address, usage and location data.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google;
(b) advertising networks; and
(c) search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House.
- Marketing agencies – we may employ the services of agencies to run competitions or promotions on our behalf and they may collect personal data as part of the campaign.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to register you as a new customer:
- to process any order that you make, including:
(a) Managing payments, fees and delivery charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
- to provide you with the information that you request from us prior to entering into a contract with us;
- to provide you with information which you request from us as is in our legitimate interest to do so;
- to provide customer service and support and respond to your queries and provide a warranty service;
- to identify and prevent default in payments, fraud and other harmful activity, to defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our consumers and users;
- to maintain our business relationship with you, where you are a user of our Websites as a customer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to provide you with information about other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already been provided with where it is in our legitimate interests to do so;
- to provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you, any news or industry updates, offers, upcoming events or other information, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes so as to allow us to provide you with the best possible service and experience as is in our legitimate interest to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Websites safe and secure as is in our legitimate interest.
For the purposes of the above, our ‘legitimate interests’ includes the proper administration, monitoring and improvement of our business and our Websites, the promotion of our business including direct marketing, profiling and the maintenance of the goodwill and reputation of our business.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you by using the “unsubscribe” link in an e-mail or by texting back “STOP” if we message you via SMS, or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product
IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
5. Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal information with reputable service providers that help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, including matters such as warehousing and delivery, credit card and data processing, warranty purposes, marketing and advertising, IT hosting and market research. In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information to relevant third parties. We won’t otherwise sell or distribute your personal data unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Be aware that our site includes social network plugins, so certain data (your current IP address, visited sites, date and time) is forwarded to these social media services even if you are not registered with them. If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your user name and possibly even your real name. Unfortunately, we have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing or their privacy practices.
We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to protect the security and integrity of our site according with the law, in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or as required or authorized by law.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. International transfers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK.
8. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
In accordance with the law, we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary toaccomplish the purpose for which it was provided, including for the average warranty period and by law we have to keep information about our customers for 6 years under HMRC regulations. We keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide our products to you.
10. Your rights
You have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you, as well as the purpose of its processing and the lawful basis we rely on to process your information. If you wish to exercise your rights to access data please contact us on : email@example.com
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, but this may affect our ability to provide our equipment to you. In addition, you have a right to ask us to correct any incorrect data and delete that which is inappropriate or no longer needed.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex, or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.